Active work environment
With the help of active work environment work, we can together develop operations, employees and work environment in a way that promotes good health in the workplace.
Why is an active work environment Important?
It determines both the employees’ development and well-being and the development of the entire business. The benefits of active work environment work are many.
For the employees
- Prevents accidents, occupational injuries and ill health
- Provides conditions for personal development through influence over work content and work environment
- Gives employees the conditions to do a good job for their residents, users, clients, students, children and patients
For the business
- Leads to lower sick leave
- Creates attractive workplaces that make employees stay
- Involves committed employees who contribute to the business’s quality, results and goals
Our work environment is affected by, among other things
- How the physical environment is organized
- The atmosphere and the social environment
- Technology and IT systems used
- What the work organization looks like
- What the work contains
What is a good work environment for us?
The purpose of the exercise is to stop and think about what is important in your own workplace.
- Divide into smaller groups.
- Discuss in groups what characterizes a good work environment and agree on five characteristics, note on notepads. A tip is to start with everyone having a few minutes to think and take notes on their own. Then you take the discussion and agree on five characteristics.
- Report in a large group by setting up and sorting the notes on a board or flipchart. Is it about the same characteristic or is the variation large? Compare and summarize what your image of a good work environment looks like.